Discover, understand and learn marine life
by navigation discovery and
“Science and Life” workshops offered on board.
The planet Sea, its environment and human action
Living things and their evolution
Set up workshops during navigation using different teaching tools :
Independent workshops to discover, observe, learn
Accompanied workshops for setting up the methodology of the investigation process.
Mini-conferences, experience sharing, interventions during opportunistic observations (= possible approach with cetaceans, jellyfish, turtles, birds, moon fish, blue sharks …)
Scientific workshops offered :
– Link between the ocean and the climate, migration of marine life
– The plastic ocean and its effects on marine animals
– Underwater noise and its impact to the mega-fauna
– Living ocean, living planet, presentation of the Mediterranean fauna
– Discovery of scientific equipment on board
– Eco-responsibility: management of waste, water, energy, food … How do we cope on board? overview of the environmental solutions implemented : solar panels, wind turbines, electric motors
Workshops navigation exercises on request :
– how to position yourself on a nautical chart
– hold the direction
– to find your way from the coast
– sailing practice : where does the wind come from, how to define its strength, launch the sails, adjust the sails, hold the helm.