STUDY AND UNDERSTAND
– Plankton collection equipment, different meshes, conical threads.
– Manta net for collecting micro-particles of plastic.
– Microscopes and computers for observation of collections, plus projecting screens. Data management software.
– Low and medium frequency hydrophones with towed 50m and 100m cable, dolphinEar with 10m cable connected to loudspeakers. Recorders.
– Sound level meter, various equipment …
– Dedicated navigation software for line transect and route calculation.
– Hoists back and side.
– Rigid ancillary boat for observation.
– Bins for « sea traces » (what the sea leaves after the large waves ebb away: traces of marine life, waste …).
– Small museum of shells from here and around the world.
– Mystery box.
– Riddle boxes.
– Underwater camera.
– Mini-aquarium to observe living creatures taken temporarily and returned to sea (sea urchin, hermit crab …)
– Net to make use of recovery opportunities (plastic waste, fish, jellyfish ..).
– Binoculars, cetacean datasheets and birds.
– magnifying glass
– « Cloud » and weather forecast canvas.
– Mediterranean cetacean canvas.
– « evolution of the livin” canvas.
– Educational mock-up of the tursiop dolphin, loggerhead turtle, pilgrim shark, disassembled mock-up for anatomical observations.
– Aquascopes for observation in the water
– Double containers and dissection table with freshwater and seawater rinsing.
– Movies and different games and quizzes about marine animals, the sea, the weather …
– Boat’s sound system for conferences and projection screen.
WORKSHOP 1 : COLLECTION (plankton, mega plankton, micro and macro waste)
WORKSHOP 2 : OBSERVING THE LIVING (opportunistic observations)
WORKSHOP 3 : BIRDS WATCHING (upper deck)
WORKSHOP 4 : KNOTS
WORKSHOP 5 : MANOEUVRES
WORKSHOP 6 : SEA TRACES – MYSTERY BOX
WORKSHOP 7 : UNDERSTAND THE WIND
WORKSHOP 8 : MEGA-FAUNA
WORKSHOP 9 : SAILING
WORKSHOP 10 : CLOUDS
WORKSHOP 11 : LISTENNING TO UNDERWATER SOUNDS
WORKSHOP 12 : PLANKTON OBSERVATION
These workshops are indicated on the map of the boat below
MOBILE WORKSHOPS (set up on different spaces of the ship as needed)
. ECO-SHIP DESIGN
. CLIMATE CHANGE, MODIFICATION OF CURRENT PATTERNS
. DEVELOPMENT OF LIVING THINGS
. SHELL MUSEUM
. FISH, CETACEA, CEPHALOPODS MINI MOCK-UPS BRIEFCASE
. DOLPHIN AND WHALES QUIZ
. FLOAT OR DROWN (DUCK FISHING)